Why Choose GSB? We're Your dedicated team of lending experts.
- Competitively low rates: Fixed rate or variable rate mortgages, Home Equity Lines & Loans and more.
- Fast decisions: 2-hour mortgage pre-approvals and prompt decisions when you need them.
- Flexibility: We work with you to make your homebuying process simple and straightforward.
- Real local experience: GSB is dedicated to being Connecticut’s premier relationship bank.
Whether it’s your first home or your dream home, our local lending experts have been helping our neighbors get the right home since 1875. With GSB, you get direct access to local underwriting, processing, and servicing. Plus, we can serve your specialty needs for First-Time Homebuyer, Construction, Land, and Investment & Seasonal loans.
Don't Just take our word for it:
What Do You Need to Get Pre-Approved For A Mortgage?
- Your latest W-2 wage statements
- Tax returns from the last two years
- Current pay stubs that show pay and year-to-date income
- Proof of any additional sources of income
Your bank account and/or investment account statements help to prove that you have the funds for a required down payment, closing costs, and cash reserves. Depending on what percentage you intend to put down towards the purchase, you may be required to purchase private mortgage insurance (PMI).
To determine monthly principal and interest payment, we’ll pull your FICO credit score and work to get you the lowest interest rate possible. Credit score, loan type, home price, and down payment amount can affect the interest rate – you can use our calculators to see what you might expect.
We’ll use your pay stub to verify employment, but may also contact your employer to confirm your employment and/or salary.
- If you are self-employed, you may need to provide additional information such as the location and nature of the business, stability of your income, and proof the business will continue generating sufficient income for your mortgage payments.
- Social Security Number
- Authorization to pull a credit report
Ready to Get Started?
We're committed to giving you the best mortgage experience possible. Click the button below to call us at 203-204-6643 and find out how simple and quick the mortgage experience should be with the GSB Lending Center.
Have A Few Questions? We're Happy to Help.
The GSB Lending Center will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible. We look forward to speaking with you!