Learn about how we keep your information safe when browsing our website and as a customer.
We receive two types of information when you visit our site:
- Information automatically collected.
- Information you choose to provide.
COLLECTING AND USING INFORMATION
Personal Information We Collect Online
When you visit a website, the site can automatically collect non-personal data about your visit. When you browse our site, we collect small bits of information to make our site more useful based on how you use it and market our own products to you.
For every visitor, we may collect and temporarily store the following non-personal information:
- Your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, a number automatically assigned to your computer when you go on the Web. This helps us identify where our visitors originate from.
- The internet browser you use to access the Internet, such as Google Chrome. This helps us identify how we should build our site and what types of browsers it should be compatible with.
- The website address from which you came to our site. By knowing this, we can determine where we should advertise.
- The date and time you arrived at our site, what pages you visited and how long you spent there. This allows us to determine if our site is easy or difficult to navigate.
- To send you important information regarding the Site, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
How We Use The Information We Collect
- To personalize your experience on the Site by presenting content, ads or offers tailored to you;
- To allow us to continuously utilize site experience.
- To market our own products to you on other websites, after you’ve left our site.
Information You Provide:
We collect and store no other information about you when you visit our site unless you choose to provide it. For example:
- If you send us an email or submit an online form, we automatically receive your email address. We will receive no other personally identifying information from your email unless you provide it.
- If you submit a form on our website, we will receive only the personal information you include in the form.
- Note: Email and online forms are not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is sensitive, or if it includes personal information such as your social security number, you should call (203) 453-2721 to speak with a Customer Care Representative.
Other Information We Collect Online
Other Information is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as browser information, information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information, other information provided by you such as your date of birth or household income, and aggregated and de-identified data.
Some parts of our website use session cookies. Session cookies are small bits of information that help you search and navigate the site. These are temporary and are deleted when you close your browser.
Other parts of our website use persistent cookies. These cookies are places on your computer for more than one session, and allow us to identify if you’ve previously been to our website, customize content for returning users and allow the site to load more quickly.
None of these cookies transmit personal data to us. We do not share any information received through cookies with third parties.
You can refuse to accept these cookies and most devices and browsers offer their own privacy settings for cookies. You will need to manage your cookie settings for each device and browser you use. However, if you do not accept these cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of the Site and some online products and services. For example, we will not be able to recognize your device and you will need to answer a challenge question each time you log on. You also may not receive customized advertising or other offers from us that may be relevant to your interests and needs.
HOW WE USE REMARKETING TECHNOLOGIES
We utilize technology such as pixel tags and other code to enable us to remarket to you after you’ve left our site. These may be used on specific pages of our site, for example, to allow us to market products you viewed back to you. Information collected in these pixels does not contain or capture Personal Information and is not used for any purpose other than to assist us in our advertising efforts.
In order for relationship based or behavioral advertising opt-outs from our Sites and other sites to work on your device, your browser must be set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, buy a new device, access our Site or other sites from a different device, login under a different screen name, or change web browsers, you will need to opt-out again.
LINKING TO OTHER SITES
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES & APPLICATIONS
In addition to GSB’s official website on www.mygsb.bank, the Bank uses social media to engage with the public and to allow for beneficial user tools (i.e. Facebook).
PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY ONLINE
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Site. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 without parental consent.